Wednesday 16 May 2012

Why i Write



I always thought that anyone could write; that there was nothing special to be able to vocalize/verbalize oneself, and have that put down on paper. Things changed though, after I started writing.
It was like I had won a race; without having moved a step forward. That’s the gift of language.
What we feel, and how we vocalize those emotions completely gets channelized through mere adjectives, verbs, and nouns.

We can have, some of the best conversations through writing.
The physical absence of a friend; or relative can be bridged through communication.
Countless emotions are let on the loose through writing, emotions we never knew would surface.

I write as an instrument of expressing myself, and thoughts.
Expression of thought is the most vital things one needs to be comfortable doing.
One can’t bottle up one’s emotions to have it displaced upon another object.
It needs to be channelized through the right medium, in the right way.
Thus, by writing down my feelings I feel I’m able to better express myself. Writing comes to me instinctively and sometimes I am able to better express myself than through words.

Language also has the power within it to make us feel assorted emotions.
I started writing through the form of poetry.
Poetry was the pillar of support I leaned against, when frustrated, angry, happy or sad.
It was how I released my feelings; after all
“Poetry is a spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings that takes its origin from emotion recollected in tranquillity.”

Media is the main crux keeping people in this world thinking, aspiring and hoping for more.
It echoes the voice of not only those who can speak, but also those who hesitate to. I write so that I can voice my thoughts.
As soon as I feel anything strongly, I can always find solace through writing. I also write so that I can introspect upon myself, as I can always go back and refer to my writings.

When I don’t write I feel like I’m trapped in a vacuum. Emotions need to be released. More importantly I write because I love writing. I love the power of the pen, and the ability to let my imagination run wild at times.
The best part is that, in writing there are no judges... but always scope for improvement and I’m a constant apprentice when it comes to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment